Everest Trekking 16 Days
Everest Trekking 16 Days there are many routes for reaching Everest Base Camp Trekking and many places to rest and enjoy meal along the way. The Trekking to Everest Base Camp begins from Lukla, where we can reach with having direct flight from Kathmandu.
You can have a tour to the Tengboche Monastery, the monastery situated at the highest place in the world and at least make attempt on the Khumbu glacier, the longest glacier in the world and have panoramic views of sunrise and sunset from Kalapatthar and finally we reach at base camp and making tour in the area, we return back to Kathmandu from same route.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (40 min) and trek to Phakding (2610m), 3-4 hours
Day 04: Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m), 5-6 hours
Day 05: Acclimatization Namche – Khumjung Hiking and return back to Namche Bazaar
Day 06: Trek Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m), 5-6 hours
Day 07: Trek Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m), 5-6 hours
Day 08: Acclimatization day in Dingboche; hiking to Nagerjun (5100m), 4-5 hours
Day 09: Trek Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m), 5-6 hours
Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5400m), then return to Gorepahep. 6-7 hours
Day 11: Hiking to Kalapattar (5545m) and trek down to Pheriche (4210m), 6-7 hours
Day 12: Trek Pheriche to Tengboche (3860m) 5-6 hrs.
Day 13: Trek Tengboche to Namche (3440m) 5-6 hrs.
Day 14: Trek Namche to Lukla, 6-7 hrs.
Day 15: Fly back to Kathmandu (1337m) 30 – min.
Day 16: Farewell Friend (Final departure to your onward destination).
- Day 1(Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport of Kathmandu.)
Our staff will receive you at the airport giving you a warm and hospitable welcome.
A private transportation will take you to your hotel where our guide will explain briefly the program upon arrival at hotel.
- Day 2( Fun day in Kathmandu.)
Because the trek to EBC will start from tomorrow we recommend you not to over stress yourself. Take a stroll along the alleys of Thamel, the major tourist hub catching the first glimpse of Nepali culture and tradition. Also, make sure you have everything packed and ready for the trek. There are many trekking utilities shops and showrooms where you can buy anything and everything that has to do with trekking.
- Day 3(Kathmandu to Lukla-via flight to Phakding 3,792m. 2-3 hrs. )
After breakfast today we will take an early morning flight to Lukla. The town situated at 2,860 meters, is a popular place amongst trekkers and travelers. The place has a small airport serving the region, and a variety of shops and lodges catering to tourist and trekkers, providing western style meals and trail supplies. Our trek to the Everest Base Camp will start straight from the town.
After having crossed the gateway with a painted message telling you to enjoy your trek, the path goes generally downhill. The path soon crosses Thulo Khola on a suspension bridge, with breathtaking views of Kumsum Kangure Peak. After 2-3 hours walk along the trail we will reach a village called Phakding. The area is very quiet and easy to explore, before and after we enjoyed our first outdoors dinner.
- Day 4(Phakding to Namche 3,440m. 5-6 hours.)
The trail today follows the western bank of Dudh Koshi passing through forests of ‘ blue pine ‘ until it reaches a village of Benkar. Beyond this village the trail crosses the eastern bank of Dudh Koshi River beside a large rock which also shows an excellent example of etching prayer on it, the classic Mani Wall. After twenty minutes we will reach to the village of Chumao.
The next section of the trail climbs less steeply traversing the Bhote Koshi on the way to reach Namche Bazaar ( 3.440 m. ).
The journey will take us around seven hours, we usually reach Namche, the main trekking village in the Sagarmatha National Park on time to enjoy the view of the massifs Thamserku, Kumsum Kangure and Khumbila, all of them considered sacred for the Sherpa. Here it is also possible to spot the Red musk Dear and Himalayan Thar.
- Day 5(Rest day at Namche 3,440m.)
The village is located on crescent shaped mountain slopes that offer stunning views of the mountains across the valley. It is a grueling 3 to 4 hour climb up from the river to Namche, and at 3,440 meters is quite normal to suffer a little bit from altitude sickness. Therefore, it is advisable to spend at least one night in the village to acclimatize.
While we rest for a day at Namche we take a short site trek to the ‘Everest’ View Point Hotel and Edmund Hillary School of Khumjung.
- Day 6(Namche to Tengboche – 3,860m. / 5-6 hrs.)
After breakfast we proceed towards Tengboche, which is set at an altitude of 3,860m. The monastery of Tengboche was founded about 80 years ago. Each year during the month of November- December’s full moons, the Mani Rimdi festival uses to be celebrated.
After a walk of about 4-5 hours we make a halt at Pheriche with breathtaking views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lothse.
Tengboche is a village nesting amid the laps of Himalayas with the view of Cholatshe, Island Peak, and Labuche Peak. It usually takes one hour from Pheriche to be reached.
- Day 7(Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche 4,410m., which takes about 3 hours.)
From Tengboche we are going to climb steadily along the side of the valley, where the small and thorny bushes give way to juniper’ scrubs as the altitude increases. The trail passes many settlements, used by shepherds and yaks during the summer months.
Ahead of us, we enjoy excellent views of the Cho Oyu, while down south on the valley are clearly visible the peaks of Kantega and Thamserku.
This is a short day and we will arrive at Dingboche in time for lunch.
- Day 8(Dingboche to Chhukhung – 4,730m. / 5-6 hrs.)
Today after breakfast we will carry on the trail heading west. A few hours trek from Dingboche will take us to Chhukhung. At a height of 4,730 meters, the village lies on the southern slopes of Lhotse and Nuptse. We are going to pass over the The Imja river, the biggest river flowing through the Chhukhung Valley.
Chhukhung is often used as an acclimatization trip by mountaineers on the expedition to Imja Tse ( Island Peak ).
- Day 9(Side trip to Imja Lake and back to Dingboche.)
Today we take site trip to the Lake Imja and around the Island Peak. The glacier lake created after the melting water started to collect at the foot of Imja Glacier during the 1960’s. The Island Peak, which is an extension of the ridge coming down from south end at the Lhotse Shar. At an altitude of 5,010m, the lake and the views surrounding it are a treat that Mother Nature has to offer and it will fill you with awe.
We return back to the camping site at Dingboche and rest for the day.
- Day 10(Dingboche to Lobuche – 4,910m. 6-7 hrs.)
After an hour of easy walk we will reach Tshambur then hike uphill to Thugla (4,620m), passing through Khumbu Glacier we will reach Lobuje.
Again at an altitude of 4,930m it is quite normal to feel headache and uneasiness which may be both the symptoms of altitude sickness, it is advised to follow the guidelines.
- Day 11(Lobuche to Gorakshep 5.140 m. to EBC 5.364 m. back to Gorakshep.)
Today we will reach the destination, The Everest Base Camp. After a 2 hours trek from Lobuje we’ll be at Gorakshep (5,140m) with astonishing view of the massifs as the Lhola, the Pumori, the Everest, the Nuptse and the Khumbu Ice fall plus many others.
Walking through the Khumbu Glacier for 1-2 hour we will reach the magnificent Everest Base Camp. At an height of 5.364 meters, the place looks as a paradise. Make sure you have your camera along…
After a maximum of three hours we will start to go down towards Gorakshep.
- Day 12(Gorakshep to Kala Patthar 5,550 m. to Pheriche 4.240 m. 3-4 hrs.)
Kala Patthar, meaning ‘ black rock ’ in Nepali, is a big brown bump below the impressive south face of Mount Pumori.
The Kala Patthar provides the most impressive view of Mt. Everest, pointing out at the section between the Base Camp and the peak. The views of Mt. Lothse and Nuptse also, are spectacular from almost anywhere on Kala Patthar.
From the Kala Patthar we will go downhill back to Pheriche.
- Day 13(Pheriche to Namche 3,440m 6-7 hrs.)
Slowly from Pheriche we hike again to Namche, where we will be spending the night.
- Day 14(Namche to Phakding to Lukla.)
From Namche passing through Phakding we will be reaching Lukla in 6/7 hours.
- Day 15(Lukla to Kathmandu.)
The next day we will take an early morning flight from Lukla to Kathmandu. Our customers will be again at the hotel on time no to waste the entire day for the transfer.
- Day 16 (Departure from Tribhuwan International Airport.)
Our staff will be ready to drive our customers to the airport at least three hours before the scheduled departure.
| 2-3 Pax = 1590$ | 4-6 Pax = 1390$ | 7-11 Pax = 1200$ | 13-15 Pax = 1170 $
- Airport pick up drop service.
- All land transportation as per itinerary.
- One day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu with license holder tour guide.
- 3 night’s hotel accommodation at Kathmandu in deluxe hotel on BB basis.
- Guest house/tented accommodation according to given itinerary (sharing in 2 bed room) and 3 meals(Breakfast, lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- Domestic air ticket (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Domestic airport Tax
- “Farewell dinner “before a day your departure from Nepal.
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
- Down jacket, for seasonal sleeping bag, White Himalaya treks & Expedition kit bag/duffel bag, trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- Nepal entree visa: you can get a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International airport in Kathmandu (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by Paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- International airfare
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, water bottle, hot shower during the trekking etc.)
- Personal trekking equipment and clothing.
- Any donation and monuments entrance fee.
- Tips for guides and porters.
Note: Cost includes and exclude section may give you better idea on how the trip is organized. Once you let us know the number of interested traveler and departure date we would get back to you with actual cost for the trip.