Uganda Gorilla Trek
Uganda Gorilla Trek, Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda Africa is carried out in Bwindi Impenetrable and Mgahinga Gorilla National Parks. Uganda has an increased number of Gorillas to a tune of 400 Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi and more than ten in Mgahinga thus possessing close to a half of the world population of these Species.
All tourists that have an African gorilla trekking safari in Uganda have wished to have it again and again. Tracking gorillas can take from 2 – 8 hours depending on how far the gorillas are feeding or resting from. Once tracked, you are allowed to stay with these beautiful apes for only 1hr but every tourist that has trekked these gorillas has intimated that it is a worthwhile trek! Besides, gorilla trekking, the safari features wild game viewing including the Big five of land animals namely; lions, elephants, Rhinos, Buffaloes and Leopard. The chimpanzee trekking experience in Kibale forest is also incorporated.
Day 1: Transfer to the Uganda safari destination of Murchison Falls National Park. Make a stop at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for white Rhino tracking en route & visit the top of the falls on arrival
Day 2: Undertake game viewing / game drive in Murchison Falls National Park & afternoon launch cruise along the Nile River
Day 3: Transfer from Murchison Falls to Fort Portal Area (Kibale National Park)
Day 4: Undertake Chimpanzee Tracking Safari in Kibale Forest National Park & transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 5: Do wildlife tour / game drive / game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park & afternoon Kazinga Channel Boat Cruise
Day 6: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 7: Do gorilla trekking and relax at the lodge
Day 8: Transfer from Bwindi to Lake Bunyonyi & have a whole day recreational encounter at the lake of a thousand Islands
Day 9: Transfer from Lake Bunyonyi to Lake Mburo National Park and does an afternoon boat cruise on Lake Mburo
Day 10: Do a morning game walk in Lake Mburo National Park and transfer to Kampala
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees.
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)